Superman basketball rebounding Drill
- Become the rebounder/player that goes and gets the basketball and not wait for the basketball to come to you
- The player should always rebound the basketball at its highest point with 2 hands
- The player should keep the ball high and protected (keep elbows out by chinning the basketball)
- Another player or coach can be used in this superman basketball drill to throw the basketball off the backboard to other block to change the rebounders timing and anticipation
- Another player or coach can stand on the other block, after the player throws the basketball off the backboard and then rebounds, the coach/player can use a pad or add resistance to help the player to rebound, keep their balance and score in traffic.
- Try to rebound the basketball outside of the block, this will push you to go and get the rebound
- Player stands on the block with a basketball
- The player throws the basketball off the backboard to the opposite block
- The player attacks the rebound on the opposite block
- The player lands after the rebound, keeps the ball protected (elbows out), and then throws it off the backboard to grab the rebound on the other block
- Reps: 3 x 5
- On the 5th rebound, the player explodes up to the basket and scores the lay-up. This will help to increase your jumping ability. Instead of scoring a layup, dunk it!