Write for Us
So you have an awesome idea that you want to share with Inspirational basketball readers?
Read the general submission guidelines below to learn how to submit articles for consideration and what Inspirational Basketball is looking for in contributing writer submissions.
What Inspirational Basketball is Looking for…
1. Will ONLY accept Original Content. We want original content that hasn’t been shared or published anywhere else. All content will be submitted through Copyscape for a originality check.
2. Write Unique and Authentic content. The content should be written by you and demonstrate uniqueness, passion, knowledge and insight about youth basketball or basketball in general. Use the first-person voice when appropriate and provide personal experiences if applicable.
We should be able to differentiate your content from other articles on the Web. IMPORTANT: Email email@example.com before submitting content and provide your article topic.
3. Content should be Relevant, Informative, Useful, and Engaging. This is a must, the content should be relevant to youth basketball or basketball in general! This website’s audience consists of basketball players, basketball fanatics, coaches and parents.
The content should target these groups and be engaging for this type of readership. The article should be conversational and informative. The idea is to get readers to comment and make Inspirational Basketball a useful website for the youth basketball community.
4. Content should be Succinct. The article should be between 500-1000 words in length. Construct your articles with a few key points and expanding upon them in the body of the article. Use page formatting by directing the readers to your most important points.
5. Proofread your Content. We require correct grammar, structure, spelling, and punctuation. If your work is approved we will also review the content for proper grammar and structure.
Please use these guidelines to format the content you submit to Inspirational Basketball.
- Use double-spacing between paragraphs.
- Use line breaks only at the end of paragraphs. The text that you copy and paste into our system should fill the width of the screen, unless you’re writing poetry, creating a numbered list, or creating a bulleted list.
- All text should be left-justified.
- Limit use of bold and italicized words to section headers or highlighting of key points. Underlining should only be used for links.
- Avoid excessive capitalization. In general, only proper nouns, the first letter of each sentence, and acronyms should be capitalized. TEXT WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS (like that) is considered shouting on the Internet – use your inside voice.
- Do not use line breaks in the “interesting/fun fact” or “takeaway” field.
- Include your pen name into your submissions and a bio or “about me” section.
- Place the headline of your article in the title field only.
- All images attached to an article must be relevant to the content and must be cited if the image is not yours. Any copyrighted images should not be used in your article.
- Videos are accepted but must have an embed code within the body of article.
Important: Every submission guideline must be adhered to unless you receive different instruction in a specific assignment or submission template. We will decline any submission or remove published content that violates these guidelines.
Repeated violations may result in your contributing writing status on Inspirational Basketball. At our sole discretion, serious violations (such as plagiarism or the publication of spam) may result in the immediate closure of your account and status. If you have questions about any of these guidelines, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We love inspiring writers, not specific to basketball but has a passion for sports and has some basic knowledge of the game. Inspirational Basketball is looking for contributing writers who want to write on a monthly basis, there is currently no payment option for submitted content.
Inspirational Basketball will help promote your writing style to our readers through the blog and email subscribers.
- 12,000+ monthly visitors
- 33,500+ monthly page views
- 550+ highly targeted basketball email subscribers
- Rank for 250+ valuable basketball keywords on the 1st page of Google
We will also link back to your content if it is relevant and will also accept author bylines with one link back to your personal blog. You will be approved to be a contributing writer after your 2nd written article.
You will receive a contributing writer author page on Inspirational Basketball and your name will appear on the sidebar as a contributing writer with a link back to your blog.
Thanks for your interests and looking forward to working with you. Email email@example.com and use the subject line, “Contributing Writer” for your submission.